Data Scientist Senior
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Data Scientist
Senior for one of the following locations: San Antonio Home Office
II/III, Phoenix Campus, Tampa Campus or Remote.
Remote available with up to 20% travel.
Uses advanced techniques that integrate traditional and
non-traditional datasets to enable analytical solutions; Applies
predictive analytics, machine learning, simulation, and
optimization techniques to generate management insights and enable
customer-facing applications; Builds analytical solutions
leveraging internal and external applications to deliver value and
create competitive advantage; Translates complex analytical and
technical concepts to non-technical employees.Job Requirements
- Partners with business leaders across the organization to
define business problems and research questions; Serves as key
resource and Subject Matter Expert (SME) on cross functional,
matrixed teams to solve highly complex work critical to the
- Builds large and complex information sets; Integrates and
extracts relevant information from large amounts of both structured
and unstructured data (internal and external) to enable analytical
- Conducts advanced analytics leveraging predictive modeling,
machine learning, simulation, optimization and other techniques to
deliver insights or develop analytical solutions to achieve
- Serves as key resource and Subject Matter Expert (SME) on
efforts to develop scalable, efficient, automated solutions for
large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and
- Works with IT to translate prototypes into new products,
services, and features.
- Builds and maintains a robust library of reusable algorithms
and supporting code such that research efforts are based on the
highest quality data, are transparently conducted, are able to be
productionized and are reproducible.
- Translates complex analytical and technical concepts to
non-technical employees to enable understanding and drive informed
- Maintains academic and industry relationships for the purposes
of research; Maintains expertise and awareness of cutting edge
techniques, technologies and potential business solutions.Minimum
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics,
Quantitative Economics, Statistics, or related field OR 6
additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required
may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more Years in predictive modeling, large data analysis and
- Experience in stochastic modeling, machine learning, and other
advanced mathematical techniques (e.g., neural nets, simulation,
- Solid experience in at least one compiled language (e.g., Java,
C or more or more) and one dynamic scripting language (Python,
- Experience working with IT to implement predictive
- Familiarity with model risk management.
- At least two years experience in building statistical
- Experience with cloud storage /data products and services.
- Proficient with Python.The above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA
our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. - Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.Relocation assistance is available for this
Keywords: USAA, Chandler , Data Scientist Senior, Other , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!