Development Product Owner Lead
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Purpose of JobUSAA is currently seeking a talented Development
Product Owner Lead to support our Bank Data Science Insight
Delivery group in our San Antonio, Plano or Phoenix locations.
Represents business stakeholders to elicit, understand, analyze,
document, refine and communicate business needs, so that business
and/or technical delivery teams can build effective solutions.
Utilizes an advanced understanding of customer needs, as well as
business vision and strategy, to prioritize investment, business
value and delivery. Works within multiple evolving development
methodologies including iterative Agile and sequential Waterfall
programs and projects, and variations thereof. Serves as the
business requirements expert, engaging and managing the work of
subject matter specialists from the business. Serves as the day to
day decision maker and provides continual business guidance for the
execution team. Prioritizes the execution team's work so that it
aligns with the sponsor's/business executive's strategies. Leads,
manages or orchestrates activities for completion and proper
documentation of business requirements and validating metrics as
appropriate for methodology and Enterprise controls. Works with the
business and IT delivery teams to identify and mitigate risks to
include business operational risks. Escalates issues and develops
and recommends appropriate solutions.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA
knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security
of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This
singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at
every level.In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40
Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For--, and we've ranked among
Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly-- Employers 13 years
straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage
veterans and veteran spouses to apply. (17 seconds) (31
- Works independently on highly complex efforts to include
multi-year journeys involving multiple teams, across
programs/portfolios and can consistently leads and provides
oversight to other DPOs on larger efforts.
- Demonstrates creativity and ingenuity in the application and
search for new solutions or evaluation of intangibles in order to
resolve highly complex and unique issues.
- Evaluates and analyze situations or problems and are expected
to exercise expert judgment in the selection of methodologies,
techniques, and evaluation criteria for achieving objectives and
- Serves as a thought leader for a specific business and
technology team and assists management with the delegation of work
- Serves as an expert across multiple business or system domains
and leads development across multiple teams at the program and
- Identifies engages, influences and leads business stakeholders
and Subject Matter Experts across programs.
- Works with business and Enterprise stakeholders to develop and
validate business strategy.
- Partner with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate,
define and document relevant business processes, gaining an expert
understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the
- Serves as direct representative of the with delivery teams,
representing/reinforcing the customers' perspective throughout the
product realization cycle.
- Works with the business process owners to develop project and
program level metrics to manage and track benefits, adoption, and
risks to operations.
- Assists with portfolio, program and project level plans related
to schedule, scope and resources.
- Leads, collaborates with, and motivates cross-functional teams
of user experience partners, designers, business analysts,
developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in
alignment with major program/portfolio and/or product roadmaps.
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree.
- 8 or more years of experience in business and/or project
- Expert knowledge of multiple technical software delivery
methodologies (i.e. Agile, Waterfall).
- Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and
- Expert knowledge of Change Management practices
- Expert knowledge and demonstrated use of Process Engineering
methodologies.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different
job level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your
- Prior experience with SAFe agile execution
- Prior banking experience supporting Bank Credit Risk and/or
- Prior experience working Agile projects in data/analytics
- Prior experience leading a SAFe program as a Program Product
- Prior experience with Jira and/or Rally Agile softwareThe above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best
benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business
casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental
and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement) or must have manager's approval prior to posting.Last
day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 11/10/20 by
11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Chandler , Development Product Owner Lead, Other , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!