Sr Principal Engr S/W- Business Development Efforts
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile
products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has
opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space
exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting
multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a
culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining
Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and
protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the
future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Sector is searching for an experienced Sr.
Principal Engineer Software to join the Software Engineering Team
within Launch Vehicles business unit located in Chandler, AZ.
The successful candidate for this position will work on a team
developing and implementing algorithms for advanced seeker, track,
and discrimination. The team will be responsible for developing the
algorithmic set, creating a verification and validation approach,
and supporting the transfer of those algorithms to fight
- Develop requirements for algorithms
- Invent new algorithms or modify algorithms techniques to meet
- Design algorithms and provide details of mathematics, flow, and
- Implement and test algorithms
- Validate and verify algorithms
- Invent new techniques or modify existing techniques to meet
requirements The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced
work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse
assignments, and collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4
Years with PhD.
- A security clearance or the ability to obtain a security
clearance is required. Candidates should have experience with large
software systems and the full software development lifecycle
- Software development/implementation experience in C, C++
- A basic knowledge of digital signal processing
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Basic understanding of EO radiation
- Basic understanding of Focal Plane Arrays and the associated
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance is required
- Proficiency with Linux and Linux based software development
- Integrate complex systems that facilitate continuous build,
continuous integration, continuous test, continuous deployment
- Working knowledge of hardware/software analysis tools
(debuggers, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, emulators, etc)
- Experience with space craft or launch systems software
development is highly desired.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability
to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Previous experience with digital signal or video
- Previous experience with Discrimination Algorithms, Machine
Learning, and/or Artificial Intelligence.
- Previous experience with IR Focal Plane Arrays. Northrop
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Chandler , Sr Principal Engr S/W- Business Development Efforts, Other , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!