Mgr Aeronautical Engineering 1
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: April 9, 2021
This position is for a Manager Aeronautical Engineering - ICBM
Tactical Manager in our Mechanical Engineering team within the
Launch Vehicles Business Unit at our Chandler, AZ facility.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to
work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the
world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers
space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the
world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related
propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense
electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition;
satellites and associated space components and services; and
advanced aerospace structures.
The Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Target Tactical
Manager will be responsible for managing technical, schedule, cost,
as well as Mechanical Engineering resources allocated to the
Program. This includes identifying and addressing program risks to
ensure launch success, facilitating technical solutions based on
heritage and similar vehicles, tracking the program schedule, and
performing CAM duties. Candidate must have thorough knowledge of
launch vehicle mechanical design and integration activities, as
well as, strong leadership skills.
Candidate is expected to lead by example, ensure proper
cross-training of the team, and make sure the team understands the
requirements of the Program and how they relate to the individual
tasks that are being assigned to the team. This also includes
having periodic meetings with the team to review the ME performance
relative to the Program schedule.
1. With little to no guidance, performs analysis, design, or test
of one or more complex materials, structural components or
functional systems. Conduct trade studies and evaluate alternative
2. Based on broadly defined problems, studies basic design concepts
and criteria for complex materials, components, or functional
systems and applies the engineering principles involved to develop
3. Anticipates customer needs and finds innovative ways to provide
for those needs.
4. Originates and develops constructive ideas. Consistently looks
for ways to modify or change existing methods or processes to
5. Perform highly complex engineering design, development,
analysis, and test activities to support assigned projects.
6. Determine engineering tasks required for project planning and
execution; Analyze project requirements and develop detailed
planning, conceptual designs, and risk analysis.
7. Assume CAM responsibilities and EVMS Reporting.
8. Interact with internal and external customers; Assist the
customer in defining system requirements and in the generation of
specifications for products or sub systems.
9. Provide technical guidance and direction to engineering team in
the design, test, production, and maintenance phases of a
10. Develop and present materials for project related briefings
including design reviews to be given to internal and external
11. Support new business and prepare proposal material.
- BS Degree Engineering plus 9 years of experience; Masters in
Engineering & 7 years or PhD & 4 years.
- Candidate must have a minimum of seven years of related
experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
will be considered.
- Launch campaign field support is required at remote site.
- Ability to travel 25%.
- Hold an active DoD Secret Clearance. Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience supporting integration / testing of
flight hardware and oversight of technician work tasking is
- Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering degree preferred. Northrop
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Chandler , Mgr Aeronautical Engineering 1, Other , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!