Company: Stone & Vine Urban Italian
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SUMMARY OF POSITION
As a member of the JGP Restaurant Concepts kitchen team, it is
the Prep Cooks primary responsibility to prepare
the highest quality food consistently and effectively. The prep
cook plays an integral part in the financial results of the
position. It is the prep cooks responsibility to accurately and
efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food
products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to
cooking. The prep cook will also perform other duties in the areas
of food and final plate preparation including plating and
garnishing of cooked items.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Know and follow all JGP policies & procedures.
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, and
other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers,
and a variety of another kitchen equipment.
- Assume 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Know and comply consistently with our standard portion sizes,
cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies, and
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line
stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard
portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary workstation area including
tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, saut
burners, convection oven, flat top range, and refrigeration
- Prepare items for broiling, grilling, frying, sauting or other
cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all
- Handle, store, and rotate all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as
- Closes the kitchen properly, assists others in closing, and
follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations.
- Understand and follow proper rules of hygiene and food safety
- Participate in proactive communication to help us avoid and
solve operational, HR, and financial issues.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and
efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant
manager or immediate supervisor.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and
cooking; at least 6 months experience in a similar capacity
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, loud environment for long
periods of time.
Keywords: Stone & Vine Urban Italian, Chandler , Prep Cook, Other , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!