Hospice Patient Care Manager (RN)
Company: Care Hospice, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Hospice of the West is looking for
a Registered Nurse (RN) with strong clinical knowledge and
supervisory experience to lead an amazing team of clinicians as
their RN Patient Care Manager. If you are a RN looking to advance
in your career, this is the position for you!
The RN Patient Care Manager leads our
Interdisciplinary Team of RNs, Social Workers and Chaplains in
providing care to patients and families. In partnership with your
Program Director, Hospice Physician and Community Liaison, the RN
Patient Care Manager manages and develops the office operations,
drives growth in the census, and ensures compliance with all
Federal, State, ACHC and Hospice of the West's policies and
procedures. Our RN Patient Care Managers are strong leaders with
relentless drive to succeed, an unshakeable faith in their team,
and high emotional IQ.
Hospice of the West is a premier
provider of end-of-life care. We offer excellent compensation and
an industry leading benefits package that includes a company
matching 401(k) plan, a generous time-off package, cell phone and
mileage reimbursement, employee assistance programs, bereavement
time off, company-paid life and AD&D insurance, and
comprehensive health, dental, and life insurance
- Coordinates and oversees all direct and indirect patient
services provided by clinical organization personnel assuring the
nursing services delivered are provided according to established
hospice program policies.
- Provides supervision and counseling to Coordinators and
Clinical Supervisors assisting them in continually improving all
aspects of hospice care services, provided through
- Performs chart audits while supervising the maintenance of
medical records, assuring completeness and compliance with
regulations, certification standards, legal and ethical standards
and ACHC standards of care.
- Assuring that nursing services are available 24 hours a day, 7
days a week and that licensed practical nurses and home attendants
work under the direct supervision of a registered nurse.
- Participating in the development and implementation of
orientation and in-service training of hospice programs for all
levels of nursing staff employed by the hospice program.
- Appraise clinical staff performance during their probationary
period and annually. Provides the teaching and counseling necessary
to enhance the delivery of services from nursing and health aide
- Leads regular interdisciplinary team meetings for the
development, review and revision of patient/family Plan of Care,
including exchange of information, review of problems or unique
issues from caseloads, and sharing of professional support.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or health care preferred.
- Registered Nurse with a current state license to practice as a
professional nurse in the state the office is located.
- A minimum of three years experience as a professional nurse,
including one year of full time experience in providing direct
patient care in a hospice, home health or oncology setting, and one
year of supervisory experience in hospice or home health care
- Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of terminal care
with specific expertise in crisis intervention, pain and symptom
control, clinical bedside nursing, and family counseling.
- Demonstrated skill in administrative performance, which
includes expertise with communication, both written and oral,
supervision of staff, documentation requirements and service
- Demonstrated ability to execute a supportive, sensitive
approach to staff and patient/family needs.
Keywords: Care Hospice, Inc., Chandler , Hospice Patient Care Manager (RN), Other , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!