Company: Stone & Vine Urban Italian
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SUMMARY OF POSITIONAs the initial guest contact, the
Front Desk sets the tone for the entire dining
experience. The host/hostess plays an essential role in
establishing a positive and lasting relationship with our guests.
The host/hostess is the first person to see the guest before they
dine and the last person to see the guest before they leave. Warmly
greet and welcome guests on arrival and say good-bye and thank you
upon departure. Manage the efficient and timely seating of our
guests to a table that best serves their needs.DUTIES &
- Know and follow all JGP policies & procedures.
- Warmly and graciously welcome and greet guests upon
- Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you are
there to personally take care of them.
- Know regular guests by name; know their preferences and
- When possible, open the front door for guests entering or
leaving the restaurant.
- When on a wait, record guests name and number of people in
party, provide guests with estimated waiting time.
- Call out name and number of party when tables become
- Accommodate special seating requests for guests when- ever
- Seat guests based on guest preferences and balancing of
customer flow in service stations.
- Upon seating, offer guests a menu and inspect table for proper
presentation and completeness.
- Thank guests as they leave and invite them to return.
- Answer incoming phone calls; take complete messages, complete
timely call backs.
- Maintain the look and operation of front foyer for a positive
- Ensure adequate inventory of office supplies at the front
- Maintain condition and inventory of menus.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as
required by assignment.
- Inspect restroom every 30 minutes, clean and stock as
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow employees as situations
- Provide guest feedback to management.
- Participate in proactive communication to help us avoid and
solve operational, HR, and financial issues.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and
efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant
manager or immediate supervisor.
- Prior restaurants experience preferred.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary
language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must have a great personality, desire to serve guests, and
enjoy working as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to accurately input information on paper
or computerized system.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of
time (up to 8 hours)
- Must be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food
frequently weighing up to 20 to 25 pounds.
- Must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance per
- Must follow safety procedures closely.
- Must be able to work on holidays and/or weekends.
Keywords: Stone & Vine Urban Italian, Chandler , Host/Hostess, Other , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!