Test Validation Engineer, Manufacturing Diagnostics
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: July 18, 2021
Leading the future of luxury
Lucid’s mission is to inspire
the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating
luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience.
Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the
future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking
a Test Validation Engineer, Manufacturing Diagnostics
to join our team in AZ. You will
be responsible for all elements required to carry out vehicle-level
testing of the diagnostic system. You will also write test cases,
test plans, document test results, and author detailed test
results. Our ideal candidate
exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with
vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate
excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to
learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced
- Responsible for all elements required to carry out
vehicle-level testing of the diagnostic system in order to validate
the software as implemented by the domain controllers.
- Write test cases and test plans, document test results, and
author detailed test results.
- Identify, source, commission, and upkeep all tools required to
- Identify, document, and aid in the root causing of bugs
encountered while testing.
- Work with the diagnostic system development and calibration
engineers to identify necessary testing and validation
- Execute in-vehicle-level testing of the on-board diagnostics
system across the program lifecycle (i.e., in development of the
diagnostic system; as regression within software release cycles;
and complete fault insertion testing in evaluation of the
- Identify, develop, and implement methods to automate and
- Work with sub-system and component-level test teams to ensure
appropriate test coverage exists (e.g., at HiL and SiL levels), and
to synergize on test coverage.
- Carry out reliability testing and in-use performance evaluation
of the diagnostic system.
- Support testing at the assembly plant and environmental test
trips (e.g., hot weather, cold weather).
- BS in Engineering (preferably Electrical, Mechanical,
Mechatronics or Software related discipline);
- 2+ years of experience in an engineering role (level negotiable
based on experience);
- Preferably 2+ years of experience in vehicle testing related to
diagnostics and/or functional safety;
- Technical understanding of electric vehicle architecture;
- Ability to work hands-on with electromechanical (vehicle)
- Effective at troubleshooting and root causing issues in complex
- Familiarity with Vector and/or Peak CAN based tools;
- Familiarity with vehicle communication protocols (CAN,
DoIP, ETH, LIN, etc.);
- Familiarity with diagnostic standards (ISO-14229, SAE J2012,
SAE J1979/ISO-15031, SAE J1962, etc.);
- Experience with automotive ethernet, (cyber)security, and
telematics is a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems and
deliver technical projects;
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional disciplines,
including external stakeholders;
- Think fast, prioritize, and make decisions that benefit Lucid
as a whole using a first principles approach
Be part of something
Come work alongside some of the
most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing
competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators
who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are
driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is
the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome
diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid
Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward
resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid
Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Chandler , Test Validation Engineer, Manufacturing Diagnostics, Other , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!