Project Engineer (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller Design Group
Posted on: July 20, 2021
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United
States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical
services for the world’s leading companies in the food and
beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other
market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts
have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control
system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture,
construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise
technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies
and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
- The Project Engineer supports clients in advanced technology.
The Facilities Project Engineer will support our clients by meeting
client manufacturing objectives for reliability, quality, safety
and cost. Areas of engineering responsibility will include
mechanical or chemical systems.
As a Project Engineer, a typical day might include the
- Interacting with project team, client, and vendors designing
and specifying production line and facility layouts.
- Working directly with vendors specifying equipment
- As-building facilities
This Job might be right for you if:
- You want to see the designs you create on paper come to
- You enjoy working directly with clients and on-site work
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges
without being asked. You’re going to take ownership of the time you
spend with us and truly make a difference.
- You are an excellent communicator and are comfortable with
presenting projects, change requests, and documents for
- You are someone that thrives in a fast-paced and
- You are eager to learn and increase technical capacity. Willing
to accept constructive feedback and adapt to client needs.
- You pay attention to the details. As far as you’re concerned,
anything worth doing is worth doing right the first time. You stay
focused and nothing falls through the cracks
- Managing project tasks such as budget, equipment procurement,
scope, schedule, and project documentation
- Working on site managing contractors, equipment vendor
technicians, coordinating start up activities and plant personnel
- 5+ years’ engineering experience with any of the following
- Mechanical facilities engineering, HVAC, exhaust, chillers,
boilers and compressor systems
- Chemical engineering, pumps, valves, flow calculations
- Facilities water systems or waste systems including chemical
piping, neutralization, filtration, pumps, valves, flow
- Facilities bulk chemical and or gas delivery systems.
- Working with Mechanical, Electrical and Process (MEP) engineers
- Multi-discipline large capital projects involving Owners,
General Contractors, Contractors, and System Integrators.
- Familiar with Design/Build (Engineering and Construction)
- Familiar with facilities document control systems
- As-built drawings that are incorporated into master CAD
- Project close out: reviewing construction specifications,
as-builts, O&M manuals and submittals
- CAD support on projects
- Proficient with written and verbal technical communication
including generating reports and conducting group
- B.S. in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an ABET
accredited school is required
- MS in a related field is highly desired.
- PE Registration or EIT certification preferred
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a
wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical
requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what
you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know
that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence
and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are
encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if
you require reasonable accommodations during the interview
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Design Group US Inc
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller Design Group, Chandler , Project Engineer (Design Group), Other , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!