Business Information Architect Senior - Guidewire (100% Remote Available)
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Purpose of JobThe candidate selected for this position will get
to work with the Small Business Insurance (SBI) Data & Analytics
cross-functional team within USAA 's P&C Product Information
Capabilities organization. This person will have the opportunity to
collaborate with both IT and SBI Business teams to create logical
and conceptual information models for SBI analytical needs, as well
as work within Guidewire and Snowflake system architectures to
design our reporting and analytical capabilities.
Holds responsibility for the development and implementation of the
information architecture to support the measuring and monitoring of
enterprise business needs. Maintains the design around the full set
of Enterprise information capabilities that support existing and
strategic business capabilities.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA
knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security
of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This
singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of information governance
practices and standards.
- Demonstrates mastery of information architecture tools to
include Infosphere Data Architect (IDA), Infosphere Governance
Catalog (IGC), Infosphere Metadata Workbench to create information
- Applies advanced knowledge to perform regular assessments of
the health and maturity of information capabilities for a given
- Applies advanced knowledge to identify new information
capabilities needed to support business capabilities of a given
business domain and recommends solutions.
- Guides efforts to define the mission, goals, critical success
factors, principles, and policies for information strategy and
- Applies knowledge to reference models to information
architecture; displays knowledge/understanding of reference models
to articulate business information requirements.
- Provides key advisement to key stakeholders to build business
cases to secure approval and funding for data and analytical
- Provides key contributions toward the creation and maintenance
of a conceptual model for information capabilities for a given
- Influence direction and implementation of measurement
frameworks by monitoring measure design and development and
providing consultative services.
- Monitors business and development activities and ensures
alignment to published IS&A direction, taking appropriate
action when deviation is observed.
- Develops IS&A artifacts to include statements of direction,
logic models, decision matrices, information capabilities,
information categories, business entities, and conceptual
- Educates other practitioners on the value and practice of
IS&A; develops and nurtures healthy peer and mentee
relationships; develops effective models to convey moderately
- Collaborates with other architectural disciplines to influence
information architecture direction, technical and data design
- Identifies and recommends appropriate data sources to be used
in solution development and delivery. - -Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree. 4 years work experience in information
management or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a
degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience.
- 6 years of experience in information and/or data architecture
to include strategy, planning, and delivery oversight; or if
Advanced degree, 4 years experience in information or data
- Previous experience with modern data architecture environments
(Cloud, Hadoop, NoSQL, etc.).
- Proven ability to embrace new technologies of the future and
operationalize these to deliver value (Data Virtualization,
- Comprehensive understanding and experience working with data
analysis tools and leveraging reporting and data analysis that
molds the way user experiences are designed.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to apply architectural
principles to business solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate
appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes
written and verbal communications as well as visualizations.When
you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some
initial questions. - This will take approximately 5 minutes. - Once
you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a
later time and you will not be able to change your
- Experience with Property & Casualty Small Business Insurance
data and processes.
- Experience with Guidewire system and data models.
- Experience collaborating across IT, Analytical, and Business
teams to understand and derive requirements.
- Experience with Data Migration to the Cloud (moving data assets
- Experience in Data Governance and Data Management
- Experience with logical data modeling.
- The above description reflects the details considered necessary
to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective
process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure
we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based
on your experience and market position. The salary range for this
position is: $97,200 - $175,000* (this does not include geographic
differential it may be applied based on your work
location).Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors. *Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average. - Shift premium: will be addressed on an
individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours. - -Benefits:At USAA our employees
enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial,
and emotional wellness. - These benefits include comprehensive
medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance,
parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with
paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals. Please
click on the link below for more details.Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Chandler , Business Information Architect Senior - Guidewire (100% Remote Available), Other , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!