Client Services Consultant - IMS Tools
Company: Broadcom Corporation
Posted on: January 13, 2022
If you are a first time user, please create your candidate login
account before you apply for a job. (Click Sign In > Create
- If you already have a Candidate Account, please Sign-In before
An individual with experience in IMS and/or Data Base Management
Systems (DBMS) on z/OS. Displaying a range of disciplines,
environments, and DBMS best practices within the DBMS practice, or
the individual may possess skills and technical experience in
Broadcom Software Database Management Solution for IMS or similar
software. The consultant will provide technical assistance and
recommendations to clients on efficient IMS database administration
and management, backup and recovery, optimal performance, and
conversions for our solutions. Additional capabilities such as IMS
job restart, configuration, dynamic terminal management, and data
compression would be a plus. The ability to travel to client sites
is required for this position.
Duties include but are not limited to the following: presentation,
demonstration, installation, configuration, and conversion for
Database Management Solution for IMS. Secondary responsibilities
include general z/OS support for IMS Tools.
- Drive adoption of Broadcom Software mainframe solutions at
- When requested by support management, provide on-site and
remote assistance for the assigned products. Representing
development when on-site assistance is required.
- Provide feedback to the value stream to assist with product,
development, marketing, and quality of the solutions.
- Provide feedback to product management on customer requirements
for future product updates.
- Provide on-site and/or remote technical activities such as
technical updates, proof of concept (PoCs), or Proof of Value
(PoVs) for our customers.
- Assist in conversions from competing solutions to Broadcom
Software mainframe solutions
Technical Skills and experience
- 5+ years experience with IMS or DBMS database administration
and maintenance, developing and/or maintaining backup and recovery
procedures, and performance and tuning.
- 5+ years experience with z/OS
- 5+ years experience in IT
- Experience with IMS DB/DC, IMS Catalog, CICS, and z/OSMF is a
People and Communication Skills
- Ability to foster lasting relationships with customers and our
- Solid communications skills with the ability to give technical
- Ability to listen to client requirements and organize them into
a list of business needs and objectives.
- Ability to provide written communication back to management,
project managers, and customers.
- Ability to provide knowledge transfer of our solutions and
provide instructions to run the solution after implementation is
A consultant will have a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5
years of experience in IT. Minimum Education: bachelor's degree or
Broadcom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will
consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, citizenship, disability status, medical condition,
pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state, or local law. We will also consider
qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent
with local law.
If you are located outside USA, please be sure to fill out a home
address as this will be used for future correspondence.
Keywords: Broadcom Corporation, Chandler , Client Services Consultant - IMS Tools, Other , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!