Principal / Sr Principal Engineer Systems
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: June 20, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is searching for experienced
Principal/Sr. Principal System Engineers to join the Systems
Engineering team to support a development program within the Launch
Vehicles business unit in Chandler, AZ.
- Role Description & Responsibilities
- The candidate must have prior technical/design review
experience. Candidate will facilitate the development and execution
of technical reviews for the program.
- The candidate should possess strong technical problem solving,
written and verbal communication skills to generate and document
system level launch vehicle requirements, perform vehicle
performance assessments and participate in system level
verification/data review activities.
- Candidate should be knowledgeable about agile principles and
have demonstrated the ability to facilitate an agile development
- The candidate should possess a strong resolve to drive tasks to
completion autonomously and possess demonstrated mentoring/training
- Creates new system requirements and manages requirement changes
in the Requirements Management databases
- Creates and manages both original and revised
specification/interface definition documents and coordinates
document approval through peer review and signature process.
- Support risk management (identifies potential risk) and trade
- Manages aspects of system design, analyses, interface
verification, testing, minor failure/anomaly resolution or mission
- Participates in the creation of and manages changes to system
or subsystem analytical models.
- Supports trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design
optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design
assessments, Operations Analysis work such as mission analysis and
timelines and CONOPS development.
- Regular interface with program management, engineering staff
and external customer as required.These positions may be offered at
Princ Engineer Systems Level 3 or Sr. Principal Engineer Systems
- Principal Requires BS in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years
related experience, Masters Degree with 3 years of related
experience or PhD with 0 years of experience.
- Sr Principal Requires BS in Engineering with a minimum of 9
years related experience, Masters Degree with 7 years of related
experience or PhD with 4 years of experience.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain secret clearance is required
- Ability to travel is required
- Systems Engineering experience is required
- Strong oral and written communication skill Salary Range:
$87,600 USD - $131,400 USD
Salary Range 2: $108,600 USD - $163,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Chandler , Principal / Sr Principal Engineer Systems, Other , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!