Data Scientist Senior - Life Company
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Purpose of JobAbout USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
We are currently seeking a dedicated Data Scientist Senior for Life
Company. This position will develop artificial intelligence /
machine learning models and work with IT in cloud migration effort.
This position is open to the San Antonio or Phoenix Campuses
working a Hybrid schedule or working fully Remote.
This role uses advanced techniques that integrate traditional and
non-traditional datasets to enable analytical solutions. Applies
predictive analytics, machine learning, simulation, and
optimization techniques to generate management insights and enable
customer-facing applications; Builds analytical solutions
leveraging internal and external applications to deliver value and
create competitive advantage. Translates complex analytical and
technical concepts to non-technical employees.Job
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role. -
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. -
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities. -
- Partners with business leaders across the organization to
define business problems and research questions; serves as key
resource and Subject Matter Expert (SME) on cross functional,
matrixed teams to solve highly complex work critical to the
- Builds large and complex information sets; Integrates and
extracts relevant information from large amounts of both structured
and unstructured data (internal and external) to enable analytical
- Conducts advanced analytics leveraging predictive modeling,
machine learning, simulation, optimization and other techniques to
deliver insights or develop analytical solutions to achieve
- Serves as key resource and Subject Matter Expert (SME) on
efforts to develop scalable, efficient, automated solutions for
large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and
- Works with IT to translate prototypes into new products,
services, and features.
- Builds and maintains a robust library of reusable algorithms
and supporting code, such that research efforts are based on the
highest quality data, are transparently conducted, and can be
productionized and are reproducible.
- Translates complex analytical and technical concepts to
non-technical employees to enable understanding and drive informed
- Maintains academic and industry relationships for the purposes
of research; maintains expertise and awareness of cutting-edge
techniques, technologies and potential business solutions.Minimum
Requirements:Minimum Education: -
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics,
Quantitative Economics, Statistics, or related field OR 6
additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required
(total of 12 years) may be substituted in lieu of a degree. Minimum
- 6 years of experience in predictive modeling, large data
analysis and computer science.
- Experience in stochastic modeling, machine learning, and other
advanced mathematical techniques (e.g., neural nets, simulation,
- Solid experience in at least one compiled language (e.g., Java,
C or more or more) and one dynamic scripting language (Python,
- Experience in data mining and statistical analysis.
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling
- Knowledge and application of Data Science principals and
experience with data science methodologies.
- Experience with the following statistical and predictive
modeling approaches: Gaussian Process; Markov Models; Hierarchical
Clustering; K-Means; Linear Regression; Logistic Regression; Monte
Carlo Simulation; Neural Networks.
- Technical skills, consulting experience, and business savvy to
interface with all levels and disciplines within our customers'
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas with team members
and/or business leaders to convey and present very technical
information to an audience that may have little or no understanding
of technical concepts in data science. -Preferred Experience:
- 4 or more years of experience with Natural Language Processing
and Deep Learning or other Machine Learning methods
- 4 or more years of experience with Data Wrangling
- 4 or more years of experience accessing data in Hadoop
- 4 or more years of experience with Domino Platform
- 4 or more years of experience coding in SAS and/or SQL.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Data
ScienceCompensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $106,800 - $192,300.Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or
at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. *Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals. Please click on the link below for more details.Relocation
assistance is NOT available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Chandler , Data Scientist Senior - Life Company, Other , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!