Principal/Sr Principal System Security Engineer (Cyber Systems Engineer) - Secret Clearance Required
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: June 20, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Principal/Sr Principal System Security Engineer (Cyber Systems
Engineer) - Secret Clearance Required
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently seeking an experienced
Principal/Sr Principal System Security Engineer as part of the
Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) team in our Chandler,
Role Description & Responsibilities:
- The candidate will serve as a Systems Security Engineer for a
Program requiring the candidate to function in a dynamic
- The candidate will perform system security engineering
activities supporting all phases of systems development
- The candidate will define system architectures that are
resistant to tamper and cyber-attacks
- The candidate will support identifying critical program
information (CPI) and writing of Anti-Tamper Plans
- The candidate will support Anti-Tamper/Cybersecurity
Integration & Test and executing Verification & Validation
- The candidate will generate and document system level and
security subsystem level requirements, perform security system
performance assessments and participate in system and subsystem
level verification/data review activities.
- The candidate is expected to regularly interface with program
management, engineering staff and external customers.
- The candidate should be willing to occasionally work during odd
hours (nights/weekends) and occasionally longer than normal (>
40 hrs/wk) to meet deadlines.
- The candidate should possess a strong resolve to drive tasks to
- The candidate will implement and manage system requirements in
the Requirements Management databases (DOORS).
- The candidate will provide data for and assist in risk
management (identifies potential risks) and trade study
- The candidate will support system security design, data
analyses, interface verification, testing, and failure/anomaly
- The candidate will support the testing and/or
evaluation/validation of one or more components of a system or
subsystem analytical model or actual system implementation
- The candidate will prepare and present materials for program
major milestone meetings. This position may be offered at the
Principal Cyber Systems Engineer Level 3 or Sr. Principal Cyber
Systems Engineer Level 4.
If offered at the Principal Cyber Systems Engineer Level 3
requires: 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters;
0 Years with PhD.
If offered at the Sr. Principal Cyber Systems Engineer Level 4
requires: 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters;
4 Years with PhD .
- Candidate must have a DoD Secret level security clearance which
generally requires US Citizenship as a prerequisite.
- Ability to obtain higher Special Access Program (SAP)
- Ability to travel is required (
- Currently possess or ability to obtain the DoD 8570-M
Certifications (Security+, CISSP, etc.)
- Experience ensuring system security needs are established and
maintained for operations development, security requirements
definition, security risk assessment, systems analysis, systems
design, security test and evaluation, certification and
- General knowledge of DoD based Platforms and Embedded Systems,
including but not limited to: RMF, Cryptography and Systems
Engineering design and implementation
- Experience writing Cybersecurity related plans, procedures, and
- Ability to work cross-functionally with program teams
- Ability to take requirements and turn them into diagrams,
architectures, or data flows
- Possess strong technical problem solving, written and verbal
communication skillsPreferred Qualifications:
- Practical and theoretical experience creating/performing system
Risk Assessments and Attack Tree Analysis (ATA) by formal
- Experience ensuring system security needs are established and
maintained for real-time embedded mission critical systems design
and development, including security requirements definition and
allocation, security risk assessment, systems security analysis,
and security test, evaluation, certification and
- Prior cybersecurity/systems security engineering experience
working with DoD customers (e.g., Air Force, MDA, etc)
- Experience with NIST SP 800-53, CMMC, and other regulatory
compliance, working as part of a cross-functional team to implement
- Experience defining system architecture that are resistant
tamper and cyber attacks
- Experience identifying critical program information (CPI) and
writing of Anti-Tamper Plans
- A strong experienced-based and academic foundation in Systems
Engineering fundamentals is desired.
- Experience leading projects or teams
- Experience with external customer interfacing (meetings,
presentation, negotiation) is desired.
- System testing experience is desired.
- Experience with Agile, Jira, and Scrum is desired.
- Experience with systems engineering tools (e.g., DOORS and
Cameo) is desired. Salary Range: $96,400 USD - $144,600 USD
Salary Range 2: $119,400 USD - $179,200 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Chandler , Principal/Sr Principal System Security Engineer (Cyber Systems Engineer) - Secret Clearance Required, Other , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!