Project Engineer (2476) - Annual Bonus Program
Company: Southland Industries
Posted on: June 20, 2022
PEOPLE FIRST: BUILDING TALENT BY DESIGN
At Southland we aspire to build a workforce that's as diverse as
the people who occupy the buildings we design, build and maintain.
Building talent by design, is our intentional approach to creating
a truly safe, collaborative and inclusive work environment that
fosters growth, empowers professional achievement and where people
are treated with respect at all levels.
If you're someone with a true passion for our industry, a life-long
learner, with high accountability and a drive for results we're
looking for you! At Southland, we hire problem solvers that are
focused on providing customer value through continuous improvement
and will take ownership to create the best experiences that will
have an impact wider than their own job. We thrive on creating a
strong company and culture where you'll feel engaged, challenged
If you're ready for the next big step in your career and want a
career full of fun and excitement and to be a part of a fast-paced
growing company, then JOIN our team and become a part of an
organization that values PEOPLE, SAFETY, INNOVATION, COLLABORATION,
INTEGRITY, ACCOUNTABILITY & SUSTAINABILITY.
Are you looking for an opportunity to jump start your career path
in project management? If so, Southland Industries' Project
Engineer position is for you! In this role, you will work on
exciting, multi-million dollar commercial MEP projects as you
develop your skills in estimating, scheduling and project
management within the design-build construction process.
What you'll do:
This is the entry point for a career in project management. Primary
responsibility is to assist a project manager or managers to
successfully coordinate a project using the necessary engineering,
labor, equipment, materials, tools, and subcontracted services.
This position requires the development of skills in estimating,
scheduling and design to better understand the coordination of the
design-build construction process.
- Support field labor
- Labor feedback
- Equipment & Subcontractor procurement
- Document Control
- Design, Trade & Subcontractor coordination
- Assist in budget analysis, cost and margin projections,
estimate project changes & impacts, etc.
- Assist in the development of project schedules.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Basic skills that will include inquiring, reviewing and
printing job cost reports, labor feedback entry and purchase order
- Basic knowledge of HVAC design to include types of equipment
utilized in the industry as well as general understanding of system
operations (i.e. variable air, constant volume, refrigeration
- Ability to read mechanical and plumbing drawings and identify
work installed to track labor feedback accurately.
- Ability to prepare equipment delivery log and track status of
- Competent with general business writing and public
- Has competency in basic computer skills to include Microsoft
- Ability to communicate effectively with vendors and suppliers
to procure, manage and update the submittal process.
- Ability to communicate with field foremen to write and track
RFI's both internally with our design department and externally
with the architect or other designers
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation including
CAD drawings, Blueprints, Submittals, etc.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Construction
Management, 1-3 years experience in related field.
- Experience working with a mechanical contractor and supporting
project work or as a design engineer who wants to get into
- You should have some experience and knowledge of HVAC systems
- If you have Design Build experience, that's a plus!
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits
package that includes excellent benefits for you and your
- 401(k) Plan with 50% Company Match(no cap) and immediate 100%
- Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - 100% Paid for Employee
- Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life
- Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent
- Paid Parental Leave Benefits
- Holidays/Vacation/Personal Time/Life Events Leave
- Numerous training opportunities and company paid membership for
professional associations and licenses
For more information on Southland Industries, please visit our web
site: Southland Careers or on Facebook or LinkedIN or Twitter
To hear what our employees are saying about working at Southland
Industries, check out our Career Video - Working at Southland
Southland Industries and all its subsidiaries are an Equal
Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of
any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment
opportunity for all employees and to providing our employees with a
safe work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All
employment decisions at Southland Industries are based on business
needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without
regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sex, national
origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, marital
status, sexual orientation, family care or medical leave status,
veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or
regulations in the locations where we operate. Southland Industries
will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of
**All employment offers are contingent upon successful, drug test,
background check and professional reference checks. **
**We are not able to offer sponsorship of employment at this
If you don't feel this position is match for you, we encourage you
to share it with others. Feel free to share throughout your social
networks and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
to keep up to date on what we're doing as a company.
Keywords: Southland Industries, Chandler , Project Engineer (2476) - Annual Bonus Program, Other , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!