Manufacturing Quality Inspector 3 (Space/Satellite Systems)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making
- Inspects aerospace components, parts, and sub-assemblies for
operation and conformance to government and/or company standards
- Inspects the adjustments, repairs, or modifications made to
aerospace components, sub-assemblies and final product.
- Will monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical
process or other control procedures.
- May communicate directly with customers to ensure customer
- High School diploma/equivalent
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- U.S. citizen
- Fluent in use of Microsoft applications and ability learn new
computer programs/applications easily.
- Excellent technical writing skills are required.
- Must be able to read engineering documentation and inspect to
drawings, part lists, inspection plans, and supplemental
- Willingness to work 2nd shift activities and occasional
overtime or weekend support is required.
- Have held aerospace workmanship certifications at previous
employment locations for manufacturing standards (e.g. IPC-A-620,
NASA 8739 series, etc...)
- Previous experience working in ISO certified company and using
Process Specifications or Military Standards to inform inspection
or work activities
- Experience performing lead inspection function or equivalent
role in either a system-level or integration environmentPreferred
- Strong work ethic and a good attitude - it should be evident
from t output of work that the best possible effort was given.
- Personal initiative to become engaged in assigned work area
without needing to be coached or led to next assignment
- Fluent in use of TipQA, Costpoint, or other database
- Knowledge on how to read schematics and wire lists
- Active workmanship certifications from accreditation/standards
companies (e.g. IPC)
- Associates (2 year) degree from accredited institution Salary
Range: $25 USD - $41 USD Employees may be eligible for a
discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are
designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow
employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President
or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In
addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including
health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings
plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation
and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees
and their families is a top priority. The company encourages
employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S.
Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be
vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious
accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government
action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate
under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Chandler , Manufacturing Quality Inspector 3 (Space/Satellite Systems), Other , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!