Construction Project Coordinator
Company: PCL Construction
Posted on: November 22, 2022
The future you want is within reach. At PCL, we build the places
where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. Were a
community of builders committed to building better communities.
Thats why were always looking ahead, and not just to the next
project or whats next in our industry. Were also looking at whats
next for you and how we can help you build a career youre proud of.
PCL is a dynamic organization that embraces innovation and
continually looks ahead to whats next for our industry and for our
employees. Heres how a(n) Electrical Industrial Project Coordinator
for our Bakersfield office contributes to our team:
- Performs quantity takeoffs and surveys to manage contract
progress and reporting.
- Communicate with and review trade contractor work (as per the
project schedule) and may provide day-to-day direction.
- Maintains contract with select subcontractors and is
responsible for some subcontract administration, including defining
work scope, answering inquiries, and monitoring progress.
- Consults with designers/engineers when reviewing drawings and
suggest value-added or alternative construction methods or
- Supports the project team lead in monitoring the design team
for timely response to the submittal schedule. Supports
pre-commissioning or commissioning as the need arises.
- Assists the project manager and superintendent in managing and
reporting overall project or select scope performance as per site
HSE, cost management, schedule, and quality.
- Assists with change management and change order process,
including pricing, processing, and assessing cost and schedule
impact before reviewing with project manager.
- Assists with site inspections from the design team to resolve
constructability and site coordination issues and reviews and signs
off on functionality, AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction)
requirements, and code compliance, while identifying installation
deficiencies and witnesses and signs off on systems commissioning.
Ensures that resolution is achieved and accepted by all
- Participates in reviews of subcontractors submittals for
compliance with scope, design documentation, and coordination with
other disciplines against the design documentation prior to
forwarding to the design team for their review.
- Maintains and performs project document control and procedures
(coordinating RFIs, shop drawing and submittal process, maintaining
as-built drawings, etc.). Qualifications
- 4-7 years of experience in construction in an operational role
- Construction trade certification with equivalent experience, or
post-secondary diploma or bachelors degree in construction
management or electrical or mechanical engineering preferred.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques,
drawings and specifications, project health, safety, and
environment (HSE), quality, building materials, and required
standards as per discipline.
- Ability to apply intermediate engineering/problem-solving
principles to construction challenges.
- An understanding of construction law, building codes, and ASME
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced
- Intermediate planning, organizational, and time management
skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize own work, and
delegate simple tasks.
- Ability to administer subcontracts and contract documents.
- Working knowledge of project document control and
- Ability to create and schedule projects valued between $1.5M
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and internal
operational systems, including Baseplate applications, with a
strong aptitude for adopting new technology. PCL is an innovative,
employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in
their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our
work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to
daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers,
education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best
companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and
developing our teams. PCL combines numerous pay and benefit
strategies to provide a comprehensive and competitive total rewards
package. The total rewards package includes an employee share
purchase offering, discretionary annual performance bonus,
comprehensive benefits & wellness programs, retirement plan plus
matching and career development programs. The PCL Companies
celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. We are committed to creating equitable opportunities and
an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We make
employment-related decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, disability or veteran status. Should you require an
accommodation during the application process, please contact us at
...@pcl.com with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Lets get
started! Employee Status: Regular Full-Time Company: PCL Industrial
Services, Inc. Primary Location: Tempe, Arizona, Arizona Job:
Electrical Industrial Project Coordinator Requisition : 2277
Keywords: PCL Construction, Chandler , Construction Project Coordinator, Other , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!