Company: Aspen Infusion
Posted on: November 23, 2022
JOB TITLE: Pharmacist
EMPLOYER: Twelfth One, LLC dba Aspen Infusion
REPORTS TO: Director of Pharmacy
SUMMARY: Provides pharmaceutical care services by dispensing
medication, monitoring patients' drug therapies, and providing
consultation to medical and nursing staff; responsible for the
day-to-day operations of the pharmacy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exercises sound professional judgment in assuming
responsibility for the medication use process and for patient
outcomes, following pre-established policies, procedures, and
- Oversees the efficient dispensing, processing, and recording of
prescriptions issued by physicians, dentists, and/or other
authorized healthcare providers.
- Communicates with providers to influence optimal drug therapy
in accordance with approved protocols and current
- Monitors patients' drug therapy and provides drug information
to patients and healthcare providers.
- Oversees and directs pharmacy technical staff in the execution
of technical functions.
- Based on an understanding of patient variables including but
not limited to age, sex, and other physical characteristics,
monitors the medication therapy of hospitalized or ambulatory
patients as assigned.
- Screens medication orders for correctness, incompatibilities,
and contraindications; communicates problems to patients, nursing
staff, and/or physicians.
- Maintains awareness of medication change information, new
products, and state and federal regulations.
- Confers with and assists medical personnel in the care and
treatment of patients.
- Provides medication information and pharmacokinetic dosing
- Ensures that the pharmacy provides the optimal drug therapy to
patients as evidence by proper drug selection, dose, route,
duration of therapy, and cost-effectiveness.
- Ensures compliance with legal issue including but not limited
to patient confidentiality and risk management; ensures compliance
with JCAHO, federal, state, and local regulations.
- Exhibits a high degree of courtesy, tact, and poise when
interacting with patients, families, and other healthcare
- Adjusts to fluctuating peaks in patient flow, acuity, and other
operational demands while maintaining quality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in pharmacy.
- Must be currently licensed to practice in the state.
- One to two years of related experience or equivalent.
- Current knowledge of pharmacological/biopharmaceutical
principles and medical terminology.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations
regarding the provision of pharmaceutical services.
- Demonstrated competence in reacting to and handling
- Able to work collaboratively with multiple health professionals
in a busy and complex environment using tact, diplomacy, and
- Ability to understand and adhere to established policies,
procedures, and protocols.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within
constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary
language(s) used in the workplace.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels
and from various backgrounds.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer
feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and
assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills--Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming;
Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting;
Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and
tries new things.
Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or
negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well
to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates
Written Communication--Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work
for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs;
Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret
Teamwork--Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits
objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes
feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts
success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group
commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read
technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items less than 30
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic
- Frequent exposure to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or
The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or
physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts
management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
"Aspen Infusion mandates that all employees be fully vaccinated
against Covid-19, and provide proof of vaccination with the
acceptance of an offer. As with all identifiable medical
information, Aspen Infusion will safeguard information concerning
Covid-19 vaccinations in accordance with applicable law."
Keywords: Aspen Infusion, Chandler , Pharmacist, Other , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!