STICK WELDER AND FITTERS
Company: Brycon Construction
Posted on: November 25, 2022
- Responsible for daily Pre-Task Planning of all work performed
in the field.
- Weld together different metal components, as specified by
layout, blueprints, diagram, work order, welding procedures, or
oral instructions, using multiple/different welding equipment.
- Set up welding unit, connect cables, and leads from welding
unit to obtain proper amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse.
- Weld Pipe or Metals in 6G, flat, horizontal, vertical, or
overhead positions in a shop or field welds in tight areas.
- Operate other machine shop equipment and tools to prepare
components for welding.
- Record all information on welding log.
- Perform fusion welds, TIG, MIG, and STICK
- Perform open root welds and determine proper Pipe Prep, Bevel,
Spacing, Filler wire resulting in a Xray worthy weld.
- Determine proper tungsten electrodes for welding
- Determine the proper shielding gas to be used for different
types of welding procedures.
- Follow proper methods and techniques of storing equipment,
materials, and supplies.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Layout, fabricate, assemble, and install piping systems.
- Study blueprints, isometric drawings, and construction plans
for pipe systems, supports, and related equipment.
- Install, inspect, and test systems.
- Use hand or power tools to drill holes in structures, such as
walls and decks, to allow for pipe passage.
- Select pipe types, sizes, and quantity required for a
- Read, understand, and draw isometric/shop drawings for
- Comply with relevant codes and regulatory standards.
- Mentoring apprentice-level pipefitters, welders, and
- Communicate clearly verbally, digitally, and in writing.
- Follow all jobsite safety rules and regulations.
- MUST maintain a good attendance recordQUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- OSHA 10 preferred.
- Valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and favorable
driving record required.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment ten-year background
check and drug screen
- Employee may be required to work extended hours (more than 8
hours per day), weekends, and holidays.
- Some travel may be required.
- Must have personal hand tools for the trade.
- Basic geometry and trigonometry math skills needed for
pipefitting and Welding.
- Journeyman pipefitter license desired.
- Welding Certificates desired
- Accuracy, detail oriented, organized, reliable, responsible,
safety awareness, accountability, ambition, active listener,
- Applied learner, conflict resolution, customer oriented,
Keywords: Brycon Construction, Chandler , STICK WELDER AND FITTERS, Other , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!