Entry Level Autism Teaching Assistant
Company: St. Dominic Savio Academy
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Job DescriptionIf a child cannot learn in the way we teach, we
must teach in a way the child can learn." - Dr. O. Ivar Lovaas
Looking for a career in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)?St. Dominic
Savio Academy is a nonprofit private day school serving children
with autism spectrum disorders. Our current enrollment serves
children aged 2 to 22 years. We are proud to offer one of the most
exciting and positive environments available for our students!
Classrooms: Our classrooms are very structured and include
strategies and instruction based in Applied Behavior Analysis
(ABA). Our school prides itself on a low student-to-staff ratio,
small classroom sizes (maximum 8 students per class), top-quality
instruction, and providing individualized instruction in the loving
and nurturing environment that all of our students deserve.
Students: All students participate in daily classroom instruction,
weekly music therapy, and onsite weekly speech therapy. Each
student works with our onsite full-time BCBA, a highly trained team
of credentialed special education teachers, trained and experienced
behavior therapists, and other related service providers who are
dedicated to helping students achieve their individual goals.
Staff: Our amazing staff use three core values to guide their daily
behavior: Passionate Drive, Positive Servant, and Loving. These
core values help uplift and support staff as they dedicate their
time and energy to serving our students. Our entire program is
overseen by BCBAs and Master's Level Special Education Teachers.
Together, they provide the support and encouragement needed for
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. -- 4:00 p.m..
- Year-round schedule with 8 weeks of break spread throughout the
year (voluntary bonus/incentive program is offered to provide pay
during scheduled breaks).REQUIREMENTS:
- DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- CPR & First Aid certifications.
- Must pass a mandatory background check.
- Minimum Physical Requirements: This job requires a certain
level of physical capabilities to maintain student safety,
including the ability to: 1) run short distances; 2) squat, kneel
and bend down; 3) sit on the floor and independently get back up;
4) reach with hands and arms, and 5) safely lift at least 20
pounds.WHAT WE OFFER:
- On-site childcare
- Meaningful and purpose-driven work alongside an amazing
- A fun energetic work environment!
- The ability to work with exceptional children in a supportive
- Extensive training in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
- Advanced training, paid certifications, and additional career
advancement with the possibility of getting supervision hours or
becoming a certified Registered Behavior Technician (RBT).
- Opportunities for growth within our company.
- 8 paid holidays per year.
- Paid Time off, based on hours worked.
- Paid Sick Time, based on hours worked.
- Competitive benefits package including on-site childcare,
health, dental & vision insurance, flexible spending and health
savings accounts, life insurance, and retirement.COVID-19
- Daily health screenings for students & staff
- Socially distanced interactions
- PPE is required and provided
- Virtual meetings and remote interviews
- Sanitizing and disinfecting procedures are required daily
- Frequent hand washingTO APPLY: Email resume & cover letter to
recruitment@stdomsavio[dot]com or complete and submit our
Application for Employment at
http://www.stdomsavio.com/careers.html. We will contact eligible
applicants to schedule an interview.
Thank you for your interest in our program, and we look forward to
For more information about St. Dominic Savio Academy please visit
our website at www.stdomsavio.com.
Autism, ABA Instructional Assistant, Paraprofessional, classroom
assistant, classroom aide, teacher's aide, behavior analysis,
special education, behavior therapist, behavioral health
Keywords: St. Dominic Savio Academy, Chandler , Entry Level Autism Teaching Assistant, Other , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!