Development Product Owner I
Posted on: August 15, 2019
Purpose of Job Represents business stakeholders to elicit,
understand, analyze, document, refine and communicate business
needs, so that business and/or technical delivery teams can build
effective solutions. Utilizes a proficient understanding of
customer needs, as well as business vision and strategy, to
prioritize investment, business value and delivery. Works within
multiple evolving development methodologies including iterative
Agile and sequential Waterfall programs and projects, and
variations thereof. Serves as the business requirements expert,
engaging and managing the work of subject matter specialists from
the business. Serves as the day to day decision maker and provides
continual business guidance for the execution team. Prioritizes the
execution team's work so that it aligns with the sponsor's/business
executive's strategies. Leads, manages or orchestrates activities
for completion and proper documentation of business requirements
and validating metrics as appropriate for methodology and
Enterprise controls. Works with the business and IT delivery teams
to identify and mitigate risks to include business operational
risks. Escalates issues and develops and recommends appropriate
solutions. Job Requirements * Works with different technologies
(infrastructure, mobile, MSR-facing), and/or with vendor
partnerships or software.
* Serves as a subject matter resource in a particular business or
system domain, as necessary.
* Identifies, engages and influences business stakeholders and
Subject Matter Experts.
* Works with business and Enterprise stakeholders to understand and
validate business strategy and vision, and customer needs.
* Partners with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate,
define and document relevant business processes, gaining a
proficient understanding of the needs, measures, and risks &
controls for the improvement area.
* Serves as direct representative of the business with delivery
teams, representing/reinforcing the customers' perspective
throughout the product realization cycle.
* Works with the business process owners to develop metrics to
manage and track benefits, adoption and risks to operations.
Assists with project level plans related to schedule, scope and
* Leads, collaborates with, and motivates a cross-functional team
of user experience partners, designers, business analysts,
developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in
alignment with program and/or product roadmaps.
* Manages, prioritizes, and assesses the impact of all work items,
such as new features, defects, etc., including providing the
decision to create, fix or defer at the project level.
* Reviews, and when appropriate, accepts and prioritizes feedback
and new requirements from stakeholder.
* Reviews and accepts or declines output of development to ensure
specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
* Prepares the business for the change and arms them with tactics
and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk.
* Assists with coaching less experienced DPOs and team members
Minimum Experience * Bachelor's degree required; 4 additional years
of related experience beyond the minimum required may be
substituted in lieu of a degree.
* 4 or more years of relevant experience in process improvement,
project delivery, business/requirements analysis or business
* Proficient knowledge with multiple technical software delivery
methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall).
* Proficient knowledge of Process Engineering methodologies and
Change Management practices.
* Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products and applicable
* Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
Preferred Experience * Master's degree in a relevant discipline
* 6+ years of experience in business and/or project delivery or
relevant work experience with Agile
* Certified SAFe Agilist
* Certified SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager
* Demonstrated ability using six sigma Process Engineering
* Experience developing reports and/or communicating progress to
various levels of leadership
* Experience managing stories and deliverables and dependencies
across multiple workstreams or backlogs The above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job. At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
package in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals. Relocation assistance
is not available for this position. For Internal Candidates: Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
06/24/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Chandler , Development Product Owner I, Other , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!