Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: June 20, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the
boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and
cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start
contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing
real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take
pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to
grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With
our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right
opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently seeking an experienced
Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer in our Chandler, AZ facility to
work as a lead electrical engineer in Integration & Test.
- Based on specific stated objectives, performs analysis, design,
or test of one or more complex designs, components, or functional
systems of comp any products.
- Study design concepts and criteria to ascertain the engineering
principles involved and with general direction, plan, prepare, and
complete the concept of operations for build and test of the
vehicle and components.
- Evaluate electrical test plans with other senior engineers and
other technical groups and make modifications necessary to achieve
an approach that satisfies requirements for integration and
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct the test programs required to
integrate and test designs.
- Support both vehicle test and launch, as well as lab assets and
- Perform cost account management using earned value
- Problem Solving/Innovation.
- With minimal guidance, studies basic design concepts and
criteria for more complex problems.
- Applies electrical engineering principles to adapt or improve
upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a
- Actively and effectively participates and contributes in a
- Supports team decisions and goals, and provides quality
internal and external customer service.
- Constantly seeks new sources of information and provides
information necessary to meet customer needs.
- Disciplined with escalation when required.
- Requirements Derivation/ Test Development.
- Develop and oversee test programs as needed to evaluate
components and systems.
- Supports and leads the testing and/or evaluation/validation of
an electrical component, subsystem, or system analytical model or
actual system implementation.
- Risk and Uncertainty Quantification - Evaluate, with
supervision, uncertainty and risks associated with requirements and
designs. Analysis and Design
- Use advanced analytical and product design engineering software
- Supports trade studies for component or system level
- Provides formal peer review of simple engineering designs or
analyses for less experienced engineers.
- Prepares and presents electrical engineering materials for
Requirements and Design Reviews.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology,
Engineering or Math) with 9 years of related engineering
experience; OR a Master's degree in STEM with 7 years of related
engineering experience, or a PhD in STEM with 5 related engineering
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Security clearance
- Broad understanding and application of company electrical
engineering technical standards
- Broad technical expertise and working knowledge of other
related engineering disciplinesPreferred Qualifications:
- Able to obtain secret clearance
- Master's or PhD Salary Range: $108,600 USD - $163,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Chandler , Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer, Professions , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!