Company: Gila River Health Care
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Summary: Supports patient service and medical services
operations by transporting patients and materials in a safe,
reliable and customer centered manner by performing the following
duties personally. Responsible for ensuring that all critical tasks
are fulfilled on a timely basis.Critical Tasks:
- Monitors and continually improves all medical transportation
functions, activities and operating statistics.
- Ensures that all expenditures are within approved budgets.
- Takes all steps necessary to ensure that routing structures and
schedules meet normal patient and customer needs on a highly
- Researches alternative operating methods to continually improve
- Manages and leads geographically dispersed teams in a manner
that creates high-levels of cooperation and coordination within and
among all teams.
- Inspects vehicular equipment, scheduling needed repair and
preventative maintenance work while not interrupting service or
patient transportation schedules.
- Coordinates operation and maintenance of equipment, storage
facilities, and repair facilities.
- Directs recording of expenses and analyzes purchase and repair
costs to control expenditures.
- Arranges for insurance coverage on vehicles.
- Plans and directs safety campaigns and immediately removes all
unsafe vehicles from service.
- Ensures that all staff members are fully capable, licensed and
appreciated by patients and customers while operating in a safe and
legally compliant driving and operational manner.
- Assigns trucks and passenger cars for use by drivers.
- Confers and cooperates with other management personnel in
formulating administrative and operational policies and
- Reviews and analyzes expenditure, financial, and operations
reports to determine need for improvements, expansion or
contraction of existing schedules, or expansion of routes.
- Recommends capital expenditures for acquisition of new
equipment to increase efficiency and services of the
- Ensures security and cleanliness of all fleet and operating
- Enforces compliance with administrative policies, procedures,
safety rules, and governmental regulations.
- Reviews on time statistics, missed appointments, customer
complaints, accident reports and other operational data while
taking all steps necessary to correct employee errors and mitigate
causal factors, thusly eliminating such failures.
- Negotiates contracts with equipment and materials
- Maintains purchase, maintenance and disposal records in a fully
factual way and on a very timely basis.
- Demonstrates ability to regularly change priorities to
accomplish all tasks despite frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly communicate, both orally and in
writing, while performing all essential functions.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.Required
- Bachelors' degree in management, transportation and
distribution, logistics, or a similar field of study
- 3 years of experience in the field of transportation of
customers and/or patients, at either a supervisory or management
- Prior medical environment work experience preferred.
- Arizona licensed driver with violation free record during the
last (5) years, and no USA record of any driving violations of any
kind at a misdemeanor or above level.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to diverse cultures and
specifically the Gila River Community and/or other Native American
Keywords: Gila River Health Care, Chandler , Transportation Manager, Professions , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!