Event Technician, Audio Visual -Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass
Posted on: August 1, 2022
A Technician is responsible for the set up and operation of basic /
small-scale audiovisual systems in a hospitality environment while
ensuring complete customer satisfaction. This position reports to
an Operations Manager, Operations Director or Director, Event
Key Job Responsibilities
--- Ensures a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely
setup, operation, and breakdown of basic audiovisual equipment as
listed in the technical qualifications section.
- Strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and
- Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through
- Meets with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met
and the equipment setup is working properly.
- Monitors events and checks in on customers throughout the
- Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
- Understands the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates
basic operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with
equipment and software issues.
- Handles equipment challenges and changes in a timely and
- Understands company processes, follows procedures and completes
systems entry and paperwork accurately.
- Uses the equipment sheets to determine the equipment scheduled
for set up and for strike. Interacts with other staff and outside
vendors for equipment.
- Increases revenue by utilizing floor up-selling
- Works with clients to finalize invoices.
- Completes order entries in Navigator, as needed.
- High School Diploma required. Associate's degree is
- Achieve Technical Level 3 Certification per Encore Technical
Skillset Matrix within 180 days (Technical Skill Set Matrix or
- 1 year of customer service or hospitality experience is
- 1 year of audio visual experience or equivalent in educational
environment is preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required for team members that may
operate Company vehicles.
- Additional DOT requirement may need to be met if
- Safety Conscious
- Action Oriented
- Tech Savvy
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with
moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or
dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to
noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual
equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights
via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in
multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular
hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and
holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as
defined by Encore based on an individual hotel or a representation
of hotels in that city or area.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.
Keywords: Encore, Chandler , Event Technician, Audio Visual -Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, Professions , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!