Principal Engineer - Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer III-IV i
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently seeking an experienced
Principal Electrical Engineer - Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer
III-IV in our Chandler, AZ facility for Multiple Programs. Job
- Based on specific objectives, perform analysis, design, or test
of complex "system level" designs without detailed direction from
more senior engineers.
- Study design concepts and criteria to ascertain the engineering
principles involved and with general direction, plan, prepare, and
complete the design.
- Evaluate completed design with more senior engineers and other
technical groups and make modifications necessary to achieve a
design that satisfies requirements.
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct the test programs required to
evaluate the system and subsystem designs. Job Knowledge/Technical
- Broad understanding and application of company electrical
engineering technical standards.
- Broad technical expertise and working knowledge of other
- Prepares and presents electrical engineering materials for
Requirements and Design Reviews.
- Problem Solving/Innovation
- With minimal guidance, studies basic design concepts and
criteria for more complex problems.
- Applies electrical engineering principles to adapt or improve
upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a
similar nature. Liaison
- Actively and effectively participates and contributes in a
- Supports team decisions and goals.
- Makes an extra effort to provide quality internal and external
- Constantly seeks new sources of information and provides
information necessary to meet customer needs.
- Requirements Derivation/ Test Development
- Develop and oversee test programs as needed to evaluate
components and systems.
- Based on specific stated objectives, performs analysis, design,
or test of one or more complex system/subsystem designs
- Use advanced analytical and product design engineering software
- Supports trade studies for component or system level design or
- Participates in the creation of and manages changes to system
level design or analytical models under direction and support of
more experienced engineers.
- Peer Review/Oversight
- Provides formal peer review of simple engineering designs or
analyses for less experienced engineers. Basic Qualifications for
Level III --- BS and 5 Years, Masters and 3 Years 0 Years with PhD
--- U.S. Citizenship is required. Salary Range: $87,600 USD -
$131,400 USD Salary Range 2: $108,600 USD - $163,000 USD Employees
may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay.
Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as
well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in
Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term
Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of
benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability
insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off
(PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety
of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company
encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19
vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in
the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical
or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions
and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor
vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Chandler , Principal Engineer - Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer III-IV i, Professions , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!