Sr. Principal Engineer Electrical Nuclear Hardening & Survivability
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 7, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Ssystems is searching for experienced Sr.
Principal Engineer Electrical Nuclear Hardening & Survivability to
join Launch Vehicles business unit in Chandler, AZ.
- Primary focus is on standing up electrical test setups which
support evaluation of circuit performance of various circuit types
while they are exposed to radiation environments (prompt dose rate,
total ionizing dose, neutron displacement damage, neutron induced
upset, single event effects) - Leads and executes the testing
and/or evaluation/validation of an electrical component, subsystem,
or system analytical model or actual system implementation during
Radiation Effects testing.
This requires the candidate to establish a thorough knowledge of
the operation of the circuit and its use in the system application,
using that insight to assure testing is conducted in a manner
consistent with its use in flight.
- Job Knowledge/Technical Skills- Experience with circuit and/or
system level design or test required
- Broad technical expertise and working knowledge of other related
disciplines desired - Broad understanding and application of
company electrical engineering technical standards.
- Use advanced analytical and product design engineering software
tools. - Problem Solving/Innovation
- With minimal guidance, studies basic design concepts and develops
evaluation criteria for evaluating complex systems.
- Develops Test Procedures and Performs Functional Testing on
electronic hardware for radiation testing.
- Prepares and presents electrical engineering materials for
Requirements and Design Reviews.
- Makes an extra effort to provide quality internal and external
- Liaison - Actively and effectively participates and contributes
in a positive manner.
- Requirements Derivation/ Test Development
- Develop and oversee test programs as needed to evaluate
components and systems.
- Risk and Uncertainty Quantification
- Evaluate uncertainty and risks associated with requirements and
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or other STEM
discipline and 9 years of Engineering experience Or 7 years
engineering experience with a Master's Degree; Or 4 years of
engineering experience with a PHD;
- Minimum of 4 years of Electronic Hardware Testing experience
- U.S Citizenship required
- Ability to obtain an DoD Secret Security Clearance is
- Ability to travel 5% is required
- Excellent writing skills
- Spacecraft and/or launch vehicle experience highly desired
- Secret Clearance is highly desired
- Software experience
Salary Range: $98,500 USD - $147,700 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Chandler , Sr. Principal Engineer Electrical Nuclear Hardening & Survivability, Professions , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!