Principal Electrical Engineer III (Lead Role)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Requisition ID: R10078560
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to
work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the
world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Based on specific objectives, perform analysis, design, and/or test
of complex designs. Perform comprehensive review of internal,
external and range requirements to support launch vehicle system
level design and vehicle subsystem design. Perform detailed
analyses to support/verify designs and conduct briefings to
management and customers. Lead development, coordination, and
execution of test programs required to evaluate the design. Oversee
component supplier design, analysis, manufacture, and test. Lead
troubleshooting efforts and comprehensive failure investigations.
Mentor other engineers from a technical standpoint as well as
perform senior peer review. Collaborate early and often with other
engineering disciplines and operations/manufacturing
groups.Northrop Grumman Chandler is looking for a Principal
Electrical Engineer III (Lead Role)Job responsibilities:
- Broad understanding and application of company electrical
engineering technical standards.
- Broad technical expertise and working knowledge of other
- Prepares and presents electrical engineering materials for
Requirements and Design Reviews.
- Studies basic design concepts and criteria for more complex
- Applies electrical engineering principles to adapt or improve
upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a
- Perform qualification testing, characterization testing,
troubleshooting, and test data review of completed designs.
- Perform data analysis to identify trends that may indicate out
of tolerance or degraded part performance.
- Perform testing to characterize off-nominal behavior of
- Actively and effectively participates and contributes in a
positive manner while supporting team decisions and goals.
- Makes an extra effort to provide quality internal and external
- Constantly seeks new sources of information and provides
information necessary to meet customer needs.
- Disciplined with escalation when required.
- Derives requirements through multiple sources of documentation
and design meetings.
- Evaluate uncertainty and risks associated with requirements and
- Patriciate in trade studies for both internal projects and
- Act with safety as your number one priority through every
aspect of the role.
- Provides formal peer review of engineering designs or analyses
for team members.Basic Qualifications
- BS in engineering and 5 Years, 3 Years with Masters in
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DoD Secret Security
clearance is requiredPreferred Qualifications
- Active Secret Security Clearance, or higher
- Prior experience with the design, test, and/or integration and
deployment of electrical components or subsystems
- Release of engineering documentation including technical
drawings, specifications, and test procedures.
- Burndown of nonconformances and/or root cause failure analysis
of electronic systems.
- Problem solving not only for technical issues, but also for
schedule, cost, resource and other project challenges.
- Mentoring and cross-training team members across a diverse set
of technologies and electrical system architectures used to meet
- Knowledgeable with the use of basic test equipment such as
power supplies, oscilloscopes, DMMs, and electronic loads.
- Experience using analytical software tools, such as MATLAB or
Python, to analyze and reduce data to identify key characteristics
Salary Range: $87,600 USD - $131,400 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are
proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national
origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected
class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement,
please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship
is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Chandler , Principal Electrical Engineer III (Lead Role), Professions , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!