Principal Electrical Engineer ICBM Lead
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: November 25, 2022
- Location:Chandler, Arizona, United States of America
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Chandler is looking for a Lead Principal
- Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components,
equipment, systems, and networks.
- Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products,
and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.Job
- Lead a preexisting team of engineers.
- Based on specific objectives, perform analysis, design, or test
of complex designs without detailed direction from more senior
- Study design concepts and criteria to ascertain the engineering
principles involved and with general direction, plan, prepare, and
complete the design.
- Evaluate completed design with more senior engineers and other
technical groups and make modifications necessary to achieve a
design that satisfies requirements.
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct the test programs required to
evaluate the design.
- May also oversee, with senior engineer oversight, component
supplier design, analysis, manufacture, and test. Perform cost
account management using earned value methods.Job
- Broad understanding and application of company electrical
engineering technical standards.
- Broad technical expertise and working knowledge of other
- Prepares and presents electrical engineering materials for
Requirements and Design Reviews.
- Problem Solving/Innovation
- With minimal guidance, studies basic design concepts and
criteria for more complex problems.
- Applies electrical engineering principles to adapt or improve
upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a
- Actively and effectively participates and contributes in a
positive manner. --- Supports team decisions and goals.
- Makes an extra effort to provide quality internal and external
- Constantly seeks new sources of information and provides
information necessary to meet customer needs.
- Disciplined with escalation when required.Requirements
Derivation/ Test Development
- Develop and oversee test programs as needed to evaluate
components and systems.
- Supports and leads the testing and/or evaluation/validation of
an electrical component, subsystem, or system analytical model or
actual system implementation.
- Risk and Uncertainty Quantification - Evaluate, with
supervision, uncertainty and risks associated with requirements and
designs. Analysis and Design
- Based on specific stated objectives, performs analysis, design,
or test of one or more complex designs, components, or functional
systems of comp any products.
- Use advanced analytical and product design engineering software
tools. --- Supports trade studies for component or system level
- Participates in the creation of and manages changes to circuit,
component, or system level design or analytical models under
direction and support of more experienced engineers. Peer
- Provides formal peer review of simple engineering designs or
analyses for less experienced engineers.Basic Qualifications for
- 5 Years with BS; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Secret clearance is required.
Salary Range: $87,600 USD - $131,400 USD Employees may be eligible
for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses
are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow
employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President
or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In
addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including
health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings
plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation
and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees
and their families is a top priority. The company encourages
employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S.
Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be
vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious
accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government
action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate
under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Chandler , Principal Electrical Engineer ICBM Lead, Professions , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!