General Maintenance Tech III - Roofer
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the
WorldGeneral Maintenance Tech III - RooferAmentum is seeking a
General Maintenance Technician III Roofer to join our operations
&maintenance team.This position is responsible for providing an
intermediate level of expertise in responding to work
orders,troubleshooting, and providing emergency and preventive
maintenance and repairs on the buildingequipment, fixtures and
systems in a manufacturing environment including clean
rooms.Working under minimal supervision as a member of a
self-directed work team, this is a multi-craft positionthat may
perform machine repairs and general non-licensed maintenance work,
as well as support otherlicensed trades as directed. Requires good
working knowledge of all types and applications of
equipmentpertaining to maintenance and operations for assigned
area, and the ability to work within machinetolerances. General
maintenance, including minor duties in carpentry, painting, and
sheet metal, may alsobe required.The General Maintenance Technician
III - Roofer must have the ability to identify and correct
anysafety-related issues and perform independent equipment
evaluations to identify potential equipmentfailures. General
Maintenance of equipment will also be
- Placement, removal and repair of various roofing materials such
as asphalt, wood and plastics.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Roofers must be able to work long hours of physical labor,
should work well with their hands and should have the ability to
bend and climb.
- Reading blueprints and diagrams is necessary to ensure that you
can follow instructions on the job.
- Lay new roofing materials such as asphalt, wood, steel and
- Inspect roofing for damage and perform any needed repairs
- Spray treatment chemicals on roofs and buildings to seal them
from water and weather
- Clean rooftops by removing leaves, ice and other debris
- Install insulation materials underneath roofs
- Safely performs functions of the position including following
proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and
lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates, maintains, and repairs all facility and production
associated equipment in compliance with all company regulations and
- Analyzes equipment failures, inspects, replaces, alters, and
maintains in good repair all building and production services and
- Performs planned maintenance on all building equipment and
related services for specific area while being sensitive and
responsive to customer needs.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections.
- Develops and implements planned maintenance procedures,
performs job estimates, maintains spare parts inventory. Keeps
stock persons informed as to parts consumed from inventory.
- Assists in installing, inspecting new equipment and servicing
- Provides support to co-workers, contractors, vendors, project
managers, building managers, and engineers as necessary to support
project and renovation work.
- Complies with all governmental, company, and industrial
regulations, codes, and standards, health safety practices, and
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the
Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on
all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments
to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop
computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the
assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day
activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.Additional
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a
pre-employment background check and substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Drivers License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security
access badge at our clients location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and
alternative work schedules.Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Three years of maintenance experience in one of the following
trades or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and
experience: Industrial HVAC/ Industrial Mechanical Machine
- Automotive Repair.
- Ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up
to 30 feet or higher.
- Must be a US Citizen
- This job also requires the ability to handle extreme weather
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively
throughout facilities during a workday.
- Requires the ability to climb extension ladders, roof ladder,
stepladders, and stairs as needed during a workday.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat, kneel,
reach/stretch, and move in a 90-degree fashion during workday.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained
in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to
operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive
messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and
potentially travel to other Amentum, customer and/or vendor
locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the
telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full
Microsoft product line.Requires some moving of light to medium
weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a
professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.Special
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats,
and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job
and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of
performance and overall contribution are maintained.Other
- Must be willing to work overtime when required.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Work schedules can change based on critical business
- Working knowledge of all types and kinds of hand and power
tools, air measuring instruments, various refrigeration equipment,
various electrical meters, meggers, and shop equipment.
- Experience working in a CMMS environment.Amentum is proud to be
an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal
opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color,
sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veterans
status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family
structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or
information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so
long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or
without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category
under federal, state, or local law.EEO is the Law Poster
is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Amentum, Chandler , General Maintenance Tech III - Roofer, Professions , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!