TRACTOR TRAILER DRIVER
Company: White Cap
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Call for more information! Job Description:A position at White
Cap isn't your ordinary job. You'll work in an exciting and diverse
environment, meet interesting people, and have a variety of career
opportunities. The White Cap family is committed to Building Trust
on Every Job. We do this by being deeply knowledgeable, fully
capable, and always dependable, and our associates are the driving
force behind this commitment. Job Summary Make long-haul deliveries
to customer job sites while adhering to all safety procedures. Load
inventory on truck and unload at customer site. Major Tasks,
Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Performs routine inspections of vehicles and supplies to ensure
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for
traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Delivers merchandise to customer and contacts customer if they
are not present.
- Loads truck with merchandise to be delivered and unloads
merchandise for customer.
- Pulls orders to match manifest.
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to resolve customer issues. Nature and
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises
independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve
desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by
interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves
periodic review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general
guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior
level support personnel. Contributes to employees' professional
development but does not have hiring/firing authority. Work
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 5% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in
some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in a related area of
responsibility. Preferred Qualifications If you're looking to play
a role in building America, consider one of our open opportunities.
We can't wait to meet you. Functional Area Logistics Recruiter
Machart, Frank Req ID WCJR-011019 White Cap is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law. Qualified candidates, call
or click to apply below.
Keywords: White Cap, Chandler , TRACTOR TRAILER DRIVER, Professions , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...