Pharmacy Technician II
Company: Aspen Infusion
Posted on: November 16, 2023
JOB TITLE: Pharmacy Technician IIEMPLOYER: Twelfth One, LLC dba
Aspen InfusionDEPARTMENT: PharmacyREPORTS TO: Director of
PharmacyPAY RANGE: $22 - $25 per hourSUMMARY: Pharmacy Technician
II is responsible for assisting the Pharmacist with filling orders
received by the pharmacy. Home Infusion Pharmacy Technician will
perform duties relating to the filling and dispensing of
medications from the pharmacy to the patient's home or appropriate
facility in a prompt and accurate manner. This technician has
advanced knowledge and skills in two or more specialty areas in the
pharmacy.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting the pharmacist by contacting patients over the phone
to schedule routine medication refill deliveries, track lab results
(for pharmacist review), fax all lab results (after review) to the
prescriber office, RX claim adjudication, and other day-to-day
activities under the direct supervision of the pharmacist.
- Support the clinical pharmacist by providing superior customer
service to ensure timely delivery of patients' medication to their
- Report any misconduct, suspicious or unethical activities to
the Compliance Officer.
- Represent the company in a professional and courteous manner in
all interactions with patients.
- Manage the daily schedule for patient deliveries, manage
inventory, and create delivery tickets with individualized patient
supplies based on appropriate therapy.
- Assist with ongoing patients and also new admissions to review
new referrals to ensure all necessary documentation is included
prior to pharmacist review.
- Compound, dispense, and package medications under the direction
of the on-duty pharmacist.
- Ensure compliance with all licensure and federal, state, and
local laws and regulations; observe the company's policies on best
- Assist in resolving patient concerns and complaints.
- Assume on-call responsibilities in accordance with company
- Report product incidents as required in accordance with company
- Participate in surveys conducted by authorized inspection
- Participate in the company's Performance Improvement program as
requested by the Performance Improvement Coordinator.
- Participate in company committees when requested.
- Participate in in-service education programs provided by the
- Pursue continuing education programs appropriate to job
responsibilities and certification requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Pharmacist.The
following functions require the professional judgment of a
pharmacist and may not be performed by a company technician:
- Acceptance of verbal prescriptions.
- Certification of filled prescriptions.
- Weighing or measuring active drug ingredients without
verification by a pharmacist.
- Reconstitution of prefabricated medication without verification
by a pharmacist.
- Entry of orders into the computer system without verification
by the pharmacist.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Preferred at least one (1) year of sterile compounding
experience in a USP 797 compliant cleanroom OR one (1) year of
aseptic preparation of infusion-related pharmaceuticals in a
hospital or home infusion setting.
- USP 797 Sterile Compounding Training certificate or on-the-job
training in sterile compounding is highly preferred.
- Organizational skills sufficient to maintain consistently
- Ability to evaluate options and make efficient decisions.
- Current license/certification as a Certified Pharmacy
- Current knowledge of all applicable state and federal pharmacy
laws, rules, and regulations.
- Computer skills that include proficiency with spreadsheets and
use of the internet, as well as word processing, and efficient use
of the internet and e-mail.COMPETENCIES:
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time;
Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer
feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and
assistance; Meets commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments;
Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification;
Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills;
Participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and
welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and
group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's
efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits
work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs;
Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret
written information.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and hear.
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic
- Occasional exposure to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the
work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move 30 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close
vision; Distance vision; Depth perception and the ability to adjust
focus"Aspen Infusion mandates that all employees be fully
vaccinated against Covid-19, and provide proof of vaccination with
the acceptance of an offer. As with all identifiable medical
information, Aspen Infusion will safeguard information concerning
Covid-19 vaccinations in accordance with applicable law."The above
is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for
the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an
exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical
requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts
management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Keywords: Aspen Infusion, Chandler , Pharmacy Technician II, Professions , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!