Maintenance Technician I
Company: Wild Horse Pass Development Authority
Posted on: July 13, 2018
Job DescriptionThe Opportunity: The Facilities Maintenance Technician works as a part of a team and is responsible for providing general maintenance and landscape support to for assigned businesses and areas in/around Wild Horse Pass.Some Job Duties Include:
- General Maintenance: painting, plumbing, light electrical work, move furniture, trouble shoot machinery problems, general repairs for overall facility, including outdoor/landscaped areas.
- Preventative maintenance and repair: check and repair all material handling equipment, vehicles, life-safety equipment, general facility, HVAC, and trash handling equipment.
- Operate equipment: forklifts, scissor and boom lifts, welding machines, trash compactors, bailers, hand tools, and energy management equipment.
- Perform landscaping duties requiring use of chain saws, weed eaters, power tools.
- Maintain high performance and customer service expectations while taking initiative and follow through completely.
- Maintain accuracy when researching, processing, and presenting information.
- Work in a safe manner that complies with Occupational Safety and Health Standards.
- Demonstrate a commitment to teamwork through relationship-building and collaboration.
- Provide back-up janitorial support, including cleaning restrooms.
- Provide back-up mechanical support for transportation department, boat operations department, security departments as requested within the Development.
- Support recycle program when needed, pick up tilt bins as required.
- Support small HVAC & electrical projects as requested within the project development.Skills / Requirements
- Ability to write and speak effectively; provide verbal and written reports as needed.
- Able to operate equipment as loaders, sweepers, water truck, tractor.
- Ability to work in a team environment; willing to be a team player.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with people of varied economic, educational and cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of basic safety and emergency procedures.
- Ability to prioritize time and responsibilities, to fulfill job duties, tasks, requests.
- Dependable, reliable, self-sufficient individual, ability to perform the job satisfactory.Important NotesThe Wild Horse Pass Development Authority is an enterprise of the Gila River Indian Community.Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 and 473).The Gila River Indian Community is also committed to achieving the full and equal opportunity without discrimination because of Race, Religion, Color, Sex, National Origin, Politics, Marital Status, Physical Handicap, Age or Sexual Orientation. In other than the above, the Gila River Indian Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Wild Horse Pass Development Authority, Chandler, Maintenance Technician I, Professions, Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!