Lead Data Analyst (Business Systems Consultant 6)
Company: Wells Fargo
Posted on: February 15, 2019
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Information Technology Management (ITM) Authorized Provisioning Point (APP) Application team is seeking a Data Modeler . The ITM APP Application team is responsible for driving the design and development of the new ITM APP in collaboration and alignment with the Enterprise Data Blueprint architecture. The intention of the ITM APP is to provide increased consistency, quality, and insight in the information available to manage the business of IT. Through the Enterprise Blueprint architecture, the ITM APP is implementing leading tools and principles in data warehousing to deliver an effective and efficient solution that simplifies the data environment. The ITM APP Application team is part of IT for IT Data Services team which is responsible for driving both near-term data to satisfy regulatory requirements while strategically creating the ITM APP.
This position will play a key business systems leadership role and responsible for analyzing, designing, and implementing solutions specific to IT data. Will work directly with Enterprise Core Services (ECS) Data Technology - IT Data Solutions Architecture, Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) Systems Architects, and IT business partners to understand the requirements and partner with the development team to implement high performant database solutions of IT data within the Wells Fargo enterprise.
- Analyze incoming data requests and determine appropriate target solutions for specific requests.
- Work very closely with business analysts, development teams and project managers for requirements and business rules.
- Partner with source system Subject Matter Experts (SME)s, Architects, Data Analysts and Modelers to build scalable and performant data solutions.
- Effectively communicate data design to other members of the team to ensure proper implementation and utilization of the data structures.
- Plan, perform, and act as the escalation point for the most complex platform designs, coding, and testing
- Work with Enterprise Core Sources - Integrated Data Services (IDS) and the Enterprise Data Lake group to troubleshoot problems, development and ensure processes are aligned and followed, and optimize performance for ITM APP and its partners.
- Effectively work in a Data Driven environment to meet IT data needs for the enterprise.
- Support ongoing data management efforts for Development, QA and Production environments Additional responsibilities:
- Acts as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, requirements, tools and existing designs and resources.
- Provides technical consultation, requirements analysis, and support in the development of computer applications and programs.
- Leads and/or performs complex analysis efforts.
- Acts as an expert resource for analysis efforts.
- Oversees overall systems requirements and the migration of platforms and applications to production.
- Compile data from multiple sources, which may include data mining, entering or importing data into databases, and writing queries and using analysis tools
- Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Leads projects, allocates and manages resources and manages the work of less experienced staff.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan. Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of business systems analysis experience, design experience, or a combination of both
- 10 + years of experience gathering business requirements from various sources including end-users and stakeholders
- 9+ years of risk and regulatory compliance experience
- 8+ years of SQL experience
- 5+ years of MS SQL server experience
- 5+ years of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) experience
- 5+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 3+ years of Tableau experience Desired Qualifications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- 3+ years of SharePoint and Wikis experience
- 2+ years of Agile experience
- 2 + years of Team Foundation Server (TFS) experience
- 1+ year of HP ALM experience
- Microsoft Visio experience
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to act as a liaison between the technical design staff and business requester to ensure all requirements are met
- Knowledge and understanding of operational risk management in the financial services industry
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance or operational risk
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Solid negotiation skills
- Solid conflict management and decision making skills
- Experience operating effectively in a geographically dispersed organization
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience working with business stakeholders to produce project documentation such as business requirements and functional specifications
- 6+ years of experience leading the requirement design process with both technical and business partners
- Program management experience working with or leading technology initiatives within a financial services
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Ability to clearly communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences and to translate between the two
- Highly self-motivated, and willing to take responsibility for timely delivery.
- Wells Fargo Business Analysis experience Disclaimer
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Keywords: Wells Fargo, Chandler , Lead Data Analyst (Business Systems Consultant 6), Professions , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!