AMER - Tool Install, Mechanical Designer - Chandler, AZ
Posted on: March 15, 2019
AMER - TOOL INSTALL, MECHANICAL DESIGNER - CHANDLER, AZ
Exyte Group is a global leader in design, engineering and construction delivering high-tech facilities, plants and factories. With a history of more than 100 years, we have developed a special expertise in controlled and regulated environments. We serve the most technically demanding clients in growth markets such as semiconductors, life sciences, and data centers across the full spectrum of services from consulting and design to managing turnkey solutions. Operating in more than 20 countries, Exyte Group is uniquely positioned to support clients locally and globally. In 2017, Exyte Group generated sales in excess of 2.4 billion euros with over 4,900 highly experienced and motivated employees.
* Actively update and refine Exyte Safety in Design specifications and checklists as related to the Tool Install Discipline.
* Be responsible for the safety posture and results for areas of responsibility on each project.
* Ensure that company safety policies and Site Specific Plans are proactively communicated and consistently enforced where needed on each project.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop detailed mechanical/HVAC/Plumbing construction drawings in AutoCAD and Revit MEP using architectural background layouts and system performance requirements defined by the project team including the architect, engineer and project manager
* Support the development of Construction Documents, including drawings and specifications
* Participate in pre-design project activities, such as site assessment, site plan review, and verification of as built conditions
* Work with project team to find optimum system sizing, routing, materials, and space management for complex ductwork and piping systems
* Prepare detailed plans, sections, and installation details to define the mechanical contractor s scope of work for bidding, permitting, and construction purposes
* Assist a team of engineers and designers in the production of CAD and BIM drawings
* Perform equipment selection research and develop recommendations with supporting material
* Participate in Services during Construction, including responding to RFIs, shop drawing and submittal review, site observation, preparation of field-issued sketches, participation in construction meetings, and preparation of preliminary and final punch lists, and as-built drawings
* Participate in internal and external progress and QC review process
* Participate in weekly project meetings
* Contribute to continuous improvement processes (CIP) of the Company
* Support business development activities, including preparation of materials for qualifications, proposals, and interviews
* Mentor interns and junior members of project teams
* Work includes some travel to project sites to verify existing conditions as well as installation verification during construction
* Other duties as assigned
* An Associate Degree from a technical school or equivalent of education & experience
* Course work in Mechanical HVAC Design Technology is a plus
* Experience using Revit MEP in three to five mechanical projects
* Must be adept in Microsoft Office Suite; Proficient in Revit MEP, AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP, NavisWorks
* Intermediate knowledge of engineering standards, systems, and document control
* Advanced industry knowledge and technology trends
* Advanced ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned
* Intermediate knowledge of other disciplines
* Intermediate knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles
* Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides related to assigned engineering discipline
Attractive salaries, supportive environments and excellent benefits allow for growth and career development with Exyte Group.
NO OUTSIDE RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES
Exyte Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The Exyte Group provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Job Segment: Installer, Construction, Engineer, Drafting, CAD, Manufacturing, Engineering
Keywords: Exyte, Chandler , AMER - Tool Install, Mechanical Designer - Chandler, AZ, Professions , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!