Construction General Labor
Company: IES Communications
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Direct hire with full benefits
The Technician I / Construction Laborer must learn and possess the
skills required to function as a contributing member of a technical
team. Typically, the Technician I possess no experience to one (1)
year of experience in the structured cabling industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Install a work area outlet for floor (i.e. monument), modular
furniture (i.e. surface mount box) and wall (i.e. box eliminator).
Drop cable down a wall using fish tape or other method. Route cable
through modular furniture. Perform pre-termination procedures:
organize, form, dress cables and determine length, slack and label
cables. Suspend and support cable correctly: Cable tray, J-hook,
D-rings, Bridal rings, Trapeze.
2. Build closets (Mount and install backboards, cross connects,
racks, patch panels, fiber optic and hardware). Install grounding
for racks, equipment and cable as required.
3. Perform fire-stopping procedures on fire walls, install sleeves,
pull cable through sleeves and core penetration.
4. Terminate low-voltage devices.
5. Follow prints.
6. Fully complete all IES COMMERCIAL paperwork accurately and on
time (timesheets, material transfers, work orders, change orders,
tool transfers and others as required).
7. Adhere to and participate in all Company, customer and industry
quality and safety standards and regulations.
8. Other responsibilities as assigned.
* Basic Hand Tools: screwdriver (regular and Phillips), drywall
saw, torpedo level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), pliers
(needle nose and channel locks), hammer, wrench set, cable
stripper, flashlight and gloves.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and
help create, develop and implement project process
* Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees,
vendors, clients and business partners.
* Must possess proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral
* Must have proven skill level or the ability to learn to interpret
blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited
to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
* Must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined
spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
* Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small
print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial
* Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or
regional territory as needed.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
* High School diploma or GED equivalency
* Minimum of zero (0) to one (1) year experience in
telecommunications or related technical field.
* Mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn.
* Basic construction industry knowledge preferred
* Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
IES is a national provider of industrial products and
infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including
electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for
the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy
markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As
of the end of IES s 2018 fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, IES
produced over $876.8 million in revenue and employed over 4,500
employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to
housing developments, our employees and design professionals
design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
* Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal
and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency
represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee
without first having a signed contract between that agency and the
IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES
and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with
disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or
characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring,
transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and
all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that
retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding
possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is
also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the
employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and
protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to
support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent
with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor
to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. "EEO
is the Law" poster - "EEO is the Law" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES
provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by
Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era
Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need
accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES
corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: IES Communications, Chandler , Construction General Labor, Professions , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!