Lead Security Systems Technician
Company: IES Communications
Posted on: August 20, 2019
Full benefits available after 30 days of employment! Full-time,
direct hire position!
The Lead Security Systems Technician will act as the on-site
coordinator and crew supervisor for program and installation of
Security Systems (Card Access, CCTV, CATV and Intrusion systems)
per manufacturer requirements and engineered drawings. The Lead
Security Systems Technician s task will be to ensure job completion
according to company and customer quality and safety requirements
while maintaining the efficiency of the staff assigned to the
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* The Lead Security Systems Technician will consistently run
project crews, assume responsibility for effective performance and
provide necessary training, assume responsibility for adherence to
Company and customer safety and quality guidelines and hold weekly
safety meetings, initiate performance related communications and
escalate to Security Systems Project Manager if necessary.
* The Lead Security Systems Technician coordinates with SS Project
Manager to ensure productivity, job completion and compliance with
* The Lead Security Systems Technician fully completes all IES
COMMERCIAL and project paperwork accurately and on time
(specifically timesheets, material transfers, work orders, change
orders, tool transfers and others as required).
* The Lead Security Systems Technician serves as main on-site
customer contact for questions and/or concerns; attend facility and
constructions meetings when required.
* The Lead Security Systems Technician performs work consistently
demonstrating a detailed level of technical knowledge of card
access, CCTV, CATV and intrusion systems; troubleshoot and resolve
technical issues as they arise.
* The Lead Security Systems Technician will complete other
responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* The Lead Security Systems Technician must be self-motivated,
positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and
implement project process improvement(s).
* The Lead Security Systems Technician must promote the Company
culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business
* The Lead Security Systems Technician must be able to act as the
Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
* The Lead Security Systems Technician must possess proven problem
solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to
effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
* The Lead Security Systems Technician must be able to work at
heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50
pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
* The Lead Security Systems Technician must be able to see and
distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and
recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
* The Lead Security Systems Technician must be able to travel
within the branch territory and/or regional territory as
* Tools: Tools: Basic Hand Tools: screwdriver all sizes (regular
and Phillips,), drywall saw, torpedo level, tape measure, snips
(with belt sheath), pliers (adjustable, needle nose, lineman),
hammer, cable stripper, insulated crimping tool, flashlight and
gloves. Multimeter, butt-set, toner/wand, coax compression and/or
hex crimp tool.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
* Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED
* Must possess a minimum of five (5) years of experience in
security systems installation.
* Must possess a minimum of twelve (12) months supervisory and/or
* Must possess and be able to effectively use the tools listed
* Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other
project documents, including but not limited to, specifications,
reporting and quality requirements.
* Must know the universal communications color codes.
* Must possess and be proficient with the listed tools
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS
* Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
IES is a national provider of industrial products and
infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including
electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for
the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy
markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As
of the end of IES s 2018 fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, IES
produced over $876.8 million in revenue and employed over 4,500
employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to
housing developments, our employees and design professionals
design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
* Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal
and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency
represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee
without first having a signed contract between that agency and the
IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES
and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with
disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or
characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring,
transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and
all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that
retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding
possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is
also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the
employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and
protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to
support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent
with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor
to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. "EEO
is the Law" poster - "EEO is the Law" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES
provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by
Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era
Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need
accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES
corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: IES Communications, Chandler , Lead Security Systems Technician, Professions , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!