Posted on: August 27, 2020
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton
has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As
recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk
management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means
moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here
tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that
are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: In accordance with post orders and site access control
policies, the Security Agent greets and processes all incoming
employees, visitors, and vendors into the client's lobby.
The Agent will provide concierge services and must be familiar with
all aspects of the local community including geography, directions,
and amenities in order to answer questions, resolve concerns, and
provide alternative recommendations.
The position is required to respond to medical emergencies, bomb
threats, biologicalchemical threats, workplace violence, fires,
building evacuations, electrical power failures, and all other
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job.
Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The
employee might not be required to perform all functions listed.
Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified,
according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the
essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to
the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance.
Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may
include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are
required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of
company policies and procedures related to job safety, including
safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify
superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an
honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in
conformance with applicable company policies and procedures.In the
event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and
procedures, employees are required to request clarification or
explanations from superiors or authorized company
The Essential Functions Include:
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and
- Control access to the client's lobby through the admittance
- Screen visitors, vendors, and client employees in an efficient
manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or
- Ensure every interaction (including first time visitors and
returning long-term client employees) receive exceptional customer
service through warm greetings, suitable recommendations, and
improvised solutions, if needed.
- Enforce safety and security policies/procedures.
- Respond to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat,
activated alarms, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency,
hazardous materials, inclement weather, suspicious activity, and
other incidents or conditions.
- Deescalate tense situations through appropriate security
measures and communication channel measures.
- Review CCTV footage, complete patrols, and review threat
- Maintain logs, prepare incident reports, and communicate
accordingly to client management, life and safety personnel and/or
public safety authorities, as required.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference,
depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment
screening process including drug testing and background
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have applicable state and local license/permits to carry a
Associate's degree preferred with two or more years of
concierge-level security services experience. Current Arizona CCW
- Current Arizona CCW is required.
- Concierge-level security services experience.
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, written, radio,
cellphone, email, text, etc.).
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Experience with and working knowledge of access control
systems, CCTV, alarm monitoring, etc.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
- Successful problem resolution skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse
- Able to manage and defuse difficult, stressful, and/or
confrontational situations through effective communication
- Able to multi-task and effectively manage competing
- Serve as a positive team member.
- Advanced observation skills; able to use sound judgment and
make appropriate decisions.
- Knowledgeable of local community; geography, amenities, and
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and
mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In
addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and
reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives,
clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of
urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to
communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting
of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Frequent sitting, standing and/or walking, which may be
required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs
and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Some lifting and moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to
- Work in environments and under conditions that require carrying
authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and
devices, and awareness of personal safety and safety of
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal
opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to
race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender,
gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal
status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion,
creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any
protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific
Keywords: Pinkerton, Chandler , Security Agent, Sales , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!